30 Seconds, my newest romantic-suspense, is heavy on thrill but is equally steamy. With Hurricane Crimes, I led up to the sex scenes but cut it short, or in other words used the “behind closed doors” method. You know what my characters are doing, but I keep their deed private. With 30 Seconds, I did the opposite. I openly reveal every sizzling moment. In no way is my story erotica, but it may make your face flush. *wink*
Below I am sharing a couple of sentences from five steamy scenes involving my characters Dani and Blake:
1. He pulled her closer, and she strained against him with desperation hot in her veins. It throbbed, pounded, and banged inside her screaming body.
2. He traced her lips with his finger until her lips trembled with anticipation. When her mouth parted, he kissed her greedily. The inside of his mouth was hot and his kiss warmed her entire body.
3. She kissed him with urgency. Her tongue probed his mouth, tasting and savoring his strong flavors. Then he changed the angle of the kiss and his mouth became savage, his lips bruising.
4. She threw her arms around him and crushed her lips to his. Her hands went on a frenzy to touch hot skin as they pushed and pulled each other to the car. When Blake grabbed her and lifted her at the hips, she locked her legs around him and deepened the kiss.
5. “Come here.” She pulled him to the fireplace and tugged him to the floor. She trailed hot, greedy kisses down his chest, whispering, “I’m going to savor every second with you.”
*If you're interested in writing tips, check out this post: Writing About: Intimacy
QUESTION: Do you like steamy romance scenes?