R is for Reasons Why Writing is Great
Writing is my passion, so of course I think it is great. And if you are here then that means you mostly likely think it is great too.
Here are 13 reasons why writing is great:
· You can create your own world, the people in it, and let your imagination run wild.
· You can live vicariously through your characters, and go anywhere in the world. (Through writing I have been in car chases, shootouts, and battles. I’ve been to other worlds and states I’ve never even visited.)
· It is a wonderful tool to vent your emotions, from anger to sorrow.
· You can kill off people you don’t like by making them antagonists.
· You can give your past to your characters to gain new perspective and even explore different outcomes.
· Reading books counts as research.
· You get to meet many fabulous writers and authors.
· You have the opportunity to share your work with people who appreciate it.
· The book you write could one day be on the same shelf with books by your favorite authors.
· You have the chance to impact the literary world, or create a legacy to pass down to your children and grandchildren.
· (Thank you, Madeline, this is also one of my favorite reasons.) For once in your life, you get to be the bad guy on the page, and get away with it.
· (Thank you, Stephanie F! I don’t know how I forgot this!) You can write from the comfort of your bed. In your pajamas.
· (Thank you to Kristin for this one.) It’s an escape and sometimes our only way to stay sane.
SHARE: If you can think of another reason why writing is great, let me know and I’ll add it to the list! :D
A to Z Blogging Challenge: