Today I am so happy to welcome Diedre Knight to my blog. She is a dear blogging friend. Every time she comments on my blog, I smile. :D She is sweet, funny, creative. Her comments always blow me away because they are almost lyrical, like stories.
1. What does Pensive Pens mean?
Thoughtful missives – about things that inspire, entice and ignite in me the desire to share it.
|Pensive Pens Banner|
2. You share a lot of posts about haunted places that reveal the history of ghost towns and hotels. Do you take road trips to these places or visit them through research?
A road trip is always better than a wish on a Popsicle stick; which is how I traveled before I was allowed to cross the street on my own. But, when a road trip isn’t possible, research comes to the rescue with info and images not even I could dream up.
3. You often ask your blog visitors if they would go to the haunted locations you describe in your posts, what one haunted place would you never go to?
Alcatraz. Long before the gold rush lured the masses west, and prior to its use a crucial military defensive position – let alone a prison for hardened criminals, Native Americans knew better than to go near the island they call a portal of evil.
Image from Pixabay
4. What was your very first blog post?
You know, I think most of us were pensively penning long before it was called blogging ;-) My first publicly shared blog was “Lollipops and Laptops”; a short rant about merits and mollycoddles, that didn’t receive so much as a yawn. But then, the platform itself was short-lived. After that I pretty much relied on my website, streampebbles.com to keep me out of trouble. Until a couple of years ago, when I tried blogging again: The Muse Who Wore Pajama Pants
5. Many of your blog posts are full of history of states and small towns. What location do you feel has the most fascinating history?
To date, the town that most intrigues me is Oatman, Arizona. I hesitate to say too much as it’s an adventure I plan to share one day.
6. What are the top 5 most-viewed posts on your blog? (Include links.)
7. Share your number one tip to bloggers just starting out.
When on a worldwide stage, remember to smile like its Saturday, while dressed in your Sunday best. They may not clap at first, but you’ll keep them in their seats ;-)
1. Favorite time to post blogs? 2:30 am
2. Blogger or Wordpress? Blogger
3. Do you host guests? Absolutely!
4. Where are you when you’re blogging? In my office
diedre Knight is an Arizona native and introspective writer of poetry and fiction for youth and the young at heart, including Beanie’s Backyard and Sawdust. As an avid reader of mysteries and ghosts stories, nature lover and kid worshipper; her work reflects the inspiration presented in all.
Thanks for being my guest today, Diedre!
Please leave Diedre a comment! :)