I have a special treat for all cat lovers. Today I am interviewing blogger and author, Vanessa Morgan, from the Traveling Cats blog. If you love cats but don’t know this site, Happy Birthday...even if it’s not your birthday. ;)
1. Hi, Vanessa! Tell us about your blog Traveling Cats. What made you want to share photos of cats from around the world?
I was going through some of my old travel photos and it struck me that at least half of them were cat pictures. I thought that it could be fun to collect them all on a blog, and subdivide them per city and country. Two weeks later, Traveling Cats was born.
2. What was your very first blog post?
My first ever post was a photo of a French cat: http://www.traveling-cats.com/2013/01/cat-from-gruissan-france.html. In the beginning of Traveling Cats, I was just posting one picture a day. Now I post entire photo series.
3. Is there a specific country that you feel has the most beautiful cats?
All cats are beautiful, of course, but felines from Northern Europe have a little extra.
4. Do you like dogs? :P
Actually, I was just thinking earlier today that I really want to add a dog to the family someday.
5. What are the top 5 most-viewed posts on your blog?
6. You’ve published a book called “Avalon: A Heartwarming True Cat Story.” Tell us about it!
The book is the true story about my cat, Avalon. He wasn’t your ordinary cat. He acted in movies and music videos, appeared in my books, spoke a few words of French (I swear this is true), and made a hobby out of vomiting on the guinea pig. But what makes his story truly special is the extraordinary bond we shared together.
7. Share your number one tip to bloggers just starting out.
Use StumbleUpon. Seriously, nothing compares to StumbleUpon in terms of the traffic the site sends me. It’s not unusual to get over 7,000 views for one single blog post in a few days, coming from StumbleUpon alone. Sometimes it’s a lot more.
Otherwise, interacting on social media is really important, too. I share other people’s travel photos of cats daily and readers often send me their own. I also make sure to reply to every single comment on Twitter and Facebook, and I like a lot of blog posts from others. It really helps.
1. Favorite time to post blogs? On holiday J
2. Blogger or Wordpress? Blogger
3. Do you host guests? Absolutely
4. Where are you when you’re blogging? At home or in a coffee shop
Vanessa Morgan is an author, screenwriter, and blogger. Three of her stories – A Good Man, Next to Her, The Strangers Outside – have been turned into films. When she’s not working on her latest book, you can find her reading, watching horror movies, digging through flea markets, or photographing felines for her blog Traveling Cats. She lives in Belgium.
Thank you for talking to us about Avalon and Traveling Cats, Vanessa!
Please leave a comment for Vanessa.
QUESTION: Are you a cat lover?