I’m co-hosting Unicorn Bell today with: Dear Goal Writer
Today is Crystal Collier day on Write with Fey! Pull out some cheese from your fridge, throw a bit of confetti, and hope that tonight the sky isn't moonless. ;) Are you ready to get into Crystal's head? 'Cuz I am!
1. Your birthday was on Monday...What would you like us to give you for a present? :)
Well if you could fly through cyberspace and dump a boatload of cheese in my lap, I’d be the happiest person on the face of the earth. The next best thing? Buy, read, gift, or review one of my books.
|Image from Pixabay|
Does this count, Crystal? ;)
2. Can you tell us about your blog?
Blogging was a silly trend people started to electronically journal, and I was NEVER going to follow the crowd. But in 2009 I needed a forum to share a story with family and friends on the other side of the country. Those posts have LONG since disappeared, and the books is PUBLISHED. (Say hello, Moonless!)
Since 2013 my blog has become home to WRITERLY WEDNESDAYS with the TRUTH OR LIE game for book giveaways + bouts of inspiration or cheese (funnies).
3. You host a lot of authors for their books and one of the features is Truth or Lie, a game where the author provides 2 truths and 1 lie. Then readers have to guess which one is the lie. How did you come up with that game?
I was that girl—the one who arranged all the parties and group dates in high school. The BEST part of any event was introducing different people to the ones I’d come to know and appreciate. Hence the get-to-know-you party game, but now I get to include another great love, BOOKS!!!
4. What was your very first blog post?
The then first chapter of Moonless, which is officially off the interwebs forever. (Sorry.)
5. I know you mentioned it before on your blog, but can you tell us the story behind your obsession with cheese?
My special needs brother adored cheese. Cheese is my way of viewing the world as he did—as an eternal optimist who instantly loves everyone.
6. I love that! What are the top 5 most-viewed posts on your blog? (Include links.)
1. The MOONLESS print book release announcement: Excitement and Cheese
2. A post so random it’s still generating regular search engine action: Sharks, Souls, Shampoo and Haagen-Daz
3. In which I reveal my master plan to take over the universe…er, I mean, publish a slew of books: The Long Game
4. The day I announced that Moonless was going into the querying trenches: Mystery Guest
5. A cheesy confidence-boosting post: Gratitude as Bid as 80’s Hair
7. You’re a writer, you home school your kids, and have a baby...how do you do it all?
I don’t most days. ;)
8. Share your number one tip to bloggers just starting out.
Be personal. Get out and say hello to other bloggers. We’re an amazing and mind-blowingly supportive community.
1. Favorite time to post blogs? 8:00 AM EDT
2. Blogger or Wordpress? Blogger
3. Where are you when you’re blogging? 2nd story of the house, overlooking nature.
Crystal Collier is a young adult author who pens dark fantasy, historical, and romance hybrids. She can be found practicing her brother-induced ninja skills while teaching children or madly typing about fantastic and impossible creatures. She has lived from coast to coast and now calls Florida home with her creative husband, four littles, and “friend” (a.k.a. the zombie locked in her closet). Secretly, she dreams of world domination and a bottomless supply of cheese. You can find her on her blog and Facebook, or follow her on Twitter.
Thank you for spending some time with us, Crystal! I’d love to have you back.
Please leave Crystal some cheese. :)