With the start of a new school year, I thought it was the perfect time to interview Sherry Ellis. Her blog is called Mama Diaries and all of her posts feature cute stories about her kids. Sometimes her pets even get in on the shenanigans.
Let’s chat with her! :)
Let’s chat with her! :)
1. Hi, Sherry! Can you tell us about your blog Mama Diaries?
Mama Diaries began in 2010. It’s pretty much a daily account of the goofy things that happen in my life as a mom. It started as a way to capture all the memories of my children’s childhood, so that I could share it with them when they’re older. I also thought it might be nice for readers of my books to get to know a little about me on a personal level. I never thought I’d get to meet so many awesome writers and bloggers by doing it!
2. I truly enjoy your funny and often heartwarming posts. Do your kids know you share the funny things they say and do on your blog? If so, have they ever asked you not to share something?
Yes, they do. And yes, there have been many times they’ve asked me not to share things. On quite a few occasions, after something funny happens, one of the kids will follow with, “You’d better not blog about that!” I respect their wishes. You probably notice there are not a lot of posts about my teenaged daughter. That’s the reason.
3. All teenaged girls like their privacy. What was your very first blog post?
My very first blog post was on March 2, 2010. It was aptly named, “The Beginning.” You can find it here: http://sherryellis.blogspot.com/2010/03/beginning.html
5. For those who may not read your posts, can you tell us a little about your kids? And your dog, Schultz, who often makes an appearance?
I have two kids – an eleven-year old son (Bubba), and a fourteen-year-old daughter. They are both great kids – very smart and creative. Bubba, who is the main subject of my posts, has an amazing imagination. His way of seeing the world is quite entertaining. Then there’s the dog – Schultz. He’s our hundred pound German Shepherd. When he was a puppy, there were more stories about him, because he was always in trouble. Now, not so much. But every now and then he’ll do something crazy that I have to share. (He never objects to my posts!)
6. What are the top 5 most-viewed posts on your blog?
7. What do you love most about parenting?
A parent-child bond is really special. I’ve been able to watch my children grow and experience life. I’ve seen their personalities and interests unfold. I’ve been there through their ups and downs. That bond that we share is what I like best.
8. Share your number one tip to bloggers just starting out.
Get involved with the blogging community. Find bloggers and start commenting on their blogs. Pretty soon you’ll be building relationships, and you’ll have some terrific new friends.
1. Favorite time to post blogs? 1:00 PM
2. Blogger or Wordpress? Blogger
3. Do you host guests? Yes
4. Where are you when you’re blogging? At my home computer
Sherry Ellis is a freelance writer and award-winning children’s author. Her books include Ten Zany Birds, That Mama is a Grouch, and That Baby Woke Me Up, AGAIN!
Sherry is also a professional musician who plays and teaches violin, viola, and piano. She has appeared as a soloist in Germany and was a semi-finalist in the 2004 International Viola Competition in Paris, France.
Sherry lives with her husband and two children in Atlanta, Georgia.
You can learn more about Sherry Ellis on her website, www.sherryellis.org.
Thank you for answering my questions, Sherry! I’d love to have you back as a guest any time!
Please leave a comment for Sherry! :)