YouTube - I never thought I'd say this but...I'm a YouTuber!
I even have a YouTube Channel!
I need 100 subscribers to create a custom URL.
Would you please subscribe?
Right now, I'm sharing videos about marketing.
Thursday I'll be sharing my 3rd video about Amazon.
DEPRESSION - I am happy to report that since April, I feel as though I am back to my old self. I know that depression will always be part of my life and that it can pop up at any moment, but I am strong. Actually, I am stronger. I believe that each time I beat my depression, I get stronger. This last bout lasted 7 months and was the worse case I've ever had, but I learned from that experience and now I have weapons for the future.
WRITING - Yes, but am I writing? That's the big question, isn't it?
And I am! Well, not for what I should be writing...the final book of the Disaster Crimes Series, but I've been revising an old WIP. Half of it needs to be rewritten to reflect the changes I did in the book that comes before it. This is a huge step. I haven't written since November!
READING - I've been reading a lot of books, (this was part of my depression recovery) mainly African American, Wiccan, and feminism literature. I've felt like I've grown as a human being, so I wanted to share my favorite reads so far this year that have 4-5 star reviews from me.
My Favorite Reads (so far) 2017:
- Your One Word: The Powerful Secret to Creating a Business and Life that Matters by Evan Carmichael
- Turning 15 on the Road to Freedom: My Story of the Selma Voting Rights March by Lynda Blackmon Lowery.
- The Goddess is in the Details: Wisdom for the Everyday Witch by Deborah Blake
- The Color Purple by Alice Walker
- Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen
- Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail by Cheryl Strayed
- Moranifesto by Caitlin Maron
- Book of Shadows by Phyllis Curott
- To be a Slave by Julius Lester
- Chapter After Chapter: Discover the Dedication and Focus You Need to Write the Book of Your Dreams by Heather Sellers (and also her book Page After Page)
QUESTIONS: Will you subscribe to my YouTube channel? I'm thinking of doing a giveaway when I reach 100. One random subscriber may get something nice. :)
What good books have you read so far this year?