This is my first time co-hosting IWSG day and I’m excited! To celebrate I am kicking off my first Blogger Interview with the one and only Alex J. Cavanaugh, the creator of our wonderful Insecure Writer’s Support Group!
Before I get to Alex’s interview, here's a short introduction about myself:
My name is Chrys Fey. I'm the author of Hurricane Crimes and 30 Seconds, but that's the least interesting thing about me. I am an auntie, vegetarian, and robot. What? It's true I have a metal rod in my back. This April actually marks 10 years since my surgery to correct scoliosis. I live in Florida with the four cats I saved with a daring rescue. Okay...so it wasn't daring per say. I love music and like to draw fashion designs. I started this blog in January 2012. This week marks the start of my fourth year of blogging. Yippee! :D
Now onto Alex's interview...
Welcome to Write with Fey, Alex! Let’s get started!
1. Tell us about your blog.
I blog about my passions, which include movies, music, science fiction, geek stuff, books, and trivia. I keep on top of new releases and what’s happening around the blogging world. I post on Mondays and sometimes on Wednesdays. (Like today for the IWSG!)
2. You're blog is one-of-a-kind. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging November 2009 because my publisher told me to get my butt online. A blog seemed like a great way to combine a website and social media.
Alex's Blog Header
3. What was your very first blog post?
What was it? It was lame! Just me saying hey to the world of blogging. There’s now one comment on it because someone went back to see how it all began...Blogging Day One
4. How did you get the nickname Ninja Captain Alex?
Ninja came from how I could sneak in and out with my comments. I think blogger Old Kitty called me the Captain and the two just stuck together.
Mini Alex with CassaStorm
5. You certainly are a comment ninja. You created the Insecure Writer’s Support Group, co-host the Blogging from A to Z April Challenge, and you’ve been blogging for 5 years. Plus, you’re a writer. How do you stay on top of it all?
Clones and lots of them! It helps that I can blog at work. I just budget my time and do the best I can with everything. This April will be my greatest challenge, because not only does the A to Z Challenge open on IWSG post day, but my next book comes out that month, so I’ll be doing a blog tour. I have a feeling by the end of the month, my clones will all go on strike…
And here's that book!
6. You're lucky to have clones! What do you love most about blogging?
Connecting with others. I’ve made a lot of great friends over the years.
7. What are the top 5 most-viewed posts on your blog?
1) 10-4-13 Survivor: ParanormYA Island, New Thor: The Dark World Posters, IWSG Site, Ninja News and New Releases (with 5153 views)
2) 9-6-11 Insecure Writer's Support Group Post &Tips (The very first one!)
4) 9-6-13 Special Thanks and News! Plus New Thor Poster, Comedy Movie Trivia, Ninja News, and Bizarre Photo
5) 4-22-14 Retro A to Z Challenge: S – Star Trek Generations 1994 (plus new Edge of Tomorrow Trailer and Poster)
And I’ve had a lot of posts with over 200 comments, but on 5-12-14, I received 306 comments! Invasion of the B Movies! Plus Insomnium Album Review and Ninja News
8. That's impressive! Share your number one tip to bloggers just starting out.
Make friends – follow others and comment and build relationships.
1. Favorite time to post blogs? 5:00 am Eastern
2. Blogger or Wordpress? Blogger
3. Blog Hops: Yay or Nay? Yay!
4. Do you host guests? Yes
Thanks again for interviewing me on IWSG day, Chrys!
Alex J. Cavanaugh has a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree and works in web design and graphics. He is experienced in technical editing and worked with an adult literacy program for several years. A fan of all things science fiction, his interests range from books and movies to music and games. Online he is the Ninja Captain and founder of the Insecure Writer’s Support Group. He’s the author of Amazon Best-Sellers CassaStar, CassaFire, and CassaStorm, and his next book, Dragon of the Stars, comes out April 7, 2015. The author lives in the Carolinas with his wife.
I hope you enjoyed my first Blogger Interview with Alex! Please leave him a comment and visit IWSG!
#1 Check out my new blog banner. I made it myself. ;)
#3 I am officially a co-host for the blog Unicorn Bell! My week starts on the 12th. If you don't already follow this blog, you should!
#4 I signed a contract for my short story Witch of Death. Now I'm just waiting to hear back on Ghost of Death. *fingers crossed*